A nutritionally complete powdered formula containing whey protein, carbohydrate, fat (high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and low in long chain triglycerides (LCT)), vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
For use in the dietary management of long chain fatty acid oxidation disorders, fat malabsorption and other disorders requiring the use of a high MCT, low LCT formula. Suitable from 1 year of age.
Product Features and Benefits
• Suitable from 1 year of age
• Approximately 39% of calories from fat (30% from MCT and 8% from LCT)
• High MCT; low LCT
– MCT:LCT ratio 80:20
• The LCT in Lipistart provides essential fatty acids
– Contains preformed DHA and AA
• Complete range of vitamins, minerals and trace elements
• Mixes easily with water
– Can be used as a supplementary drink or tube feed
Available for download at the end of this page.
Dosage and Administration
To be determined by the clinician or dietitian. The standard dilution of 15% (20kcal/fl oz) is made by adding 1 level scoop of Lipistart (approx. 5g) to 30ml of water (approx. 1 fluid oz).
1 level scoop weighs approximately 5g of product.
Please follow these guidelines carefully as incorrect preparation can make your child ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilize feeding equipment.
- Boil water and leave to cool for no more than 30 minutes to ensure it remains at a temperature of at least 158˚F (70˚C).
- Measure out the required amount of water into the feed container. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, add the prescribed number of scoops of Lipistart to the water, leveling each scoop off with the back of a clean dry knife.
- Test the temperature before feeding – the feed should feel warm or cool/cold but not hot.
- Lipistart is now ready to use.
Tube feeding: To be determined by the clinician or dietitian. Lipistart is typically mixed with water as per instructions from clinicians/dietitians. Discard any feed remaining 24 hours after preparation.
Must only be used under strict medical supervision.
Suitable from 1 year of age.
Not for intravenous use.
Unopened: Lipistart should be stored in a cool, dry place.
Once opened: Use within one month.
WIC-Eligible Medical Food
||B4150 & B4158
Letter of Medical Necessity
In an effort to assist in the important process of reimbursement for medical foods, letters have been drafted for you to complete with your health care professional (i.e. dietitian or physician). With their assistance, these can be customized to fit your individual needs. Click here.
Downloads - Datasheet & Nutrition Information