A medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
Lipistart is a nutritionally complete powdered formula containing whey protein, carbohydrate, fat (high in medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and low in long chain triglycerides (LCT)), vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
Lipistart formula is for use in the dietary management of long chain fatty acid oxidation disorders, fat malabsorption and other disorders requiring the use of a high MCT, low LCT formula. Suitable from 1 year of age.
Dosage and Administration
To be determined by the clinician or dietitian and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
1 level scoop weighs approximately 5g of product.
Please follow these guidelines carefully as incorrect preparation can make your child ill.
- Wash hands well. Sterilize feeding equipment.
- Boil water and leave to cool for no more than 30 minutes to ensure it remains at a temperature of at least 158˚F (70˚C).
- Measure out the required amount of water into the feed container. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, add the prescribed number of scoops of Lipistart to the water, leveling each scoop off with the back of a clean dry knife.
- Test the temperature before feeding – the feed should feel warm or cool/cold but not hot.
- Lipistart is now ready to use.
Tube feeding: To be determined by the clinician or dietitian. Lipistart is typically mixed with water as per instructions from clinicians/dietitians. Discard any feed remaining 24 hours after preparation.
Must only be used under strict medical supervision.
Suitable from 1 year of age.
Not for intravenous use.
Unopened: Lipistart formula should be stored in a cool, dry place.
Once opened: Use within one month.
|Product Number||Description||Packaging||Reimbursement Code||HCPCS Code|
|50205||Lipistart||400g can||50600-0502-05||B4150 & B4158|
WIC-Eligible Medical Food